Monday, July 16, 2012

Dark Heart

This painting is an abstract oil painting done with a palette knife and multiple layers and colors. It is based on the lessons of Artist/Teacher and friend, John Robert Jurisich (the father of prismatics) John advised me that I should make more sweeping motions to get more of a star-burst effect with this technique, but I ended up painting with more cutting motions because it seemed to be the emotional direction of this painting at the time, and so I call it Dark Heart. I was incredibly honored when John told me there is something special about my work that he wanted to foster and offered to give me private painting lessons, but I haven't been able to make it out to California. My favorite quote of John is "Through art we can change this world we all live in!" This oil painting is made on a 12x12 gallery wrapped canvas and is available for purchase in my Etsy shop. For closer views click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment